Saturday, 28 November 2009


This soldier in plastic was commisioned by a small museum of the council where I live.The people who ordered this had no idea about material and wanted the figure quickly to use in a display depicting an action that took place in the town. So I used this Britain's Deetail figure and put on a metal base plus a new metal sword and metal flag.I downloaded the flag from a site on Internet.I earnt 50 pounds and was well pleased. Normally a figure like this is about 15/20 pounds if using a metal base. If not about ten pounds painted.I decided to use white trousers as I am told that the french used them in Italy although re-enactors never depict this.

Here and below are the various stages of building up this figure.I rebuilt the kepi with Tiling putty.

No comments:

Post a Comment