Sunday 2 October 2011

MARINES UK by LONE STAR

In my opinion within the history of art as regards the sculpture of Model or Toy soldiers theres been very little true mastery, consider the heaps of wargames soldiers done badly then consider Willie figures or Spencer Smith early period.Or Peter Gilder.
. Consider the mastery of Historex or Deetail or Eyes Right then consider the heaps of junk art put out by mosdt of the others. When I was a kid I would never entertain Lone Star or much of Cherilea or Timpo. To me most of it was done by would be artists who had no idea. Now these soldiers are collectors items solely for the fact that they existed.

1 comment:

  1. Much of this collecting is based on nostalgia. I have a fond memory of these figures. I didn't have these marines but a childhood friend did. When I visited his place we would have wargames on his front veranda, fought between Timpo cowboys and Royal Marines!

    ReplyDelete